Sunday, April 8, 2012

(lazy) Easter Sunday

Who's on Instagram? And anyone else playing Draw Something? My username on both is HelenTheFabulous - get followin' people! I'm doing April Photo a Day on Instagram - trying to get into the habit of snapping pictures. Because let's face it, normally I'd rather be the subject of the picture than the one taking it.

Friday night I went to dinner with the Steve's who I spent Thanksgiving with - we went to Zink in Southpark. If you are ever in the Charlotte area, you have to eat there. (Well, you also have to make sure you let me know you're in town, obviously.) It was delicious! 

After an exhausting workweek, this raspberry mojito hit the spot.
Maine Lobster Mac & Cheese. WHAT.


Saturday night Alexis and I went to see a country band with a couple girls I work with - there were no attractive single men there, so we blamed it on it being Easter weekend. You know you're in the South when even the Wendy's sign says "He is Risen." - I would expect it at Chik-Fil-A! 

FINALLY. A picture of the two of us - and we aren't in jumpsuits!
There was also these crazy 80 year old ladies at the bar and they were HILARIOUS. These women come out every weekend to shake their groove thangs, and shake it they do. Evidence:


I want to be like her when I grow up. We had a fun night out at the Mooresville Hootenanny! You know when you go out dancing with the girls and you know all the words to every song and just sing at the top of your lungs and get all sweaty because you're having such a great time? That was last night. (Or is that a White Girls At the Club thing? Whatever.) And we didn't even have to pull The Face. Success.

Today has literally been the laziest day I have had in the longest time. I woke up at 11am. ELEVEN. What? When was the last time you slept until 11am? And you weren't drunk the night before? I am going to give credit to my fantastic dark purple Ikea curtains because they keep my bedroom like a tomb in the morning. Okay they keep it like a tomb all day but morning is the most important.


There's a possibility of me having a date this week - will report back. The last guy I went on a date with is dunzo, canceled our last date and apparently just wants to be text buddies because he refuses to make new plans. Thanks pal, but I have plenty of text buds! 

Also, anyone have Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James I can borrow? I've heard rave reviews, and until Miss Ashley is done with her copy of Bloom by Kelle Hampton I need a book to get sucked into - all of the ones in my collection are seriously lacking any excitement.

I'll close out today with an updated countdown --

38 days until Mom & Heidi are here!
52 days until I'm back in Maine for Katie's wedding and an epic Old Port extravaganza!
109 days until I'm back in Maine for HERMIT ISLAND!

SO EXCITED.



2 comments:

  1. I have 50 Shades on Kindle, maybe can I loan it to you? Email me at katius@gmail.com and I'll see if I can send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifty Shades of Grey is freaking amazing and totally unexpected. I downloaded it to my Kindle and cannot stop reading this book. You will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete