Monday, March 12, 2012

Ay yi yi!

Get ready for a text & photo heavy post, kids! Since it's been about 2 weeks since my last update, I know y'all are just dying to know what I've been up to.

(Sidenote: I'm updating my iPhone to OS 5.1 and I'm really nervous about losing all my contacts like everyone else.) (WOOT. Contacts intact.)

First off - I'm in my new apartment! Holy mother, so excited to be here. It's so clean, I have real furniture and its 15 minutes from work. Originally I just had the table Alexis got me, the couch and my bed - but a girl at work said "hey I've got some stuff you can have"... she gave me a dresser, nightstand, 2 end tables that I put together for a coffee table, and a TV stand. And then when they were delivering it (!) her fiance said "Hey you don't have a TV? Great we have one. I'll bring it by next week." SUCCESS. My entire apartment is outfitted completely, and my washer & dryer are going to be installed tomorrow. HALLELUJAH.

I had an awesome moving crew - Alexis was a rock star, and my mom's coworker who I spent Christmas with brought her entire family - husband and two kids, oh and their giant truck, plastic wrap, tarps, tape, bungees and ratchet straps. We started at 930, by 1130 I was in my apartment, all vehicles unloaded. Jen came over to help with the unpacking and we were basically done by 530. Now THAT'S how you do a move. (Have I mentioned how happy I am that I'm here for at least a year? I don't ever want to move again. Ever.)

First floor rules. The girl upstairs is a little jumpy sometimes, but I haven't met her yet so I don't feel right telling her to calm the eff down. But it's really not too bad. The guy next door is about 70 and has a little spaniel named Lizzie that Bailey tried to eat yesterday, and there's guys in the back of the building that have a little puppy named Erica. (ERICA. For a DOG. Why? WHY? What is with people naming their dogs after people?)
Plush new leather couch!

This dog thinks she owns the place.

Two pots on the stove. Domesticity at its finest.

Still working on where to hang things.

Yes, I realize that frame is empty. Pictures to be printed soon.
 (Also, did you know you can print pictures directly from your Facebook at CVS? BEST THING EVER. You just log right into your account at their little kiosk, choose your pictures and what size you want, and they're like 25 cents a piece! I'm about to go on a photo printing frenzy to fill all of these frames I have.)


Secondly - I'm about 3 weeks away from my 700 hours as a temp and I could not be more excited to get on a company's payroll. I've been getting votes of confidence left and right from people (namely, my boss, so that's huge) the past few weeks so I'm feeling really good about what I'm doing, and less like I have to mind read like I was before. Always a good thing.


Third - turned 26 last Friday. Oy. So marks the end of being on my parents' health insurance, which is absolutely wretched because I'm mildly convinced that I am on the verge of an ear infection. BUT. Alexis, Jen and I spent the weekend in Myrtle Beach, SC and had an amazing time. Far less drinking than we had anticipated (and with us three, that's saying something) but holy crap we ate a TON. You know when you head out on a road trip with your girls and you just laugh about the dumbest shit? That's how our entire weekend was. I'm so thankful to have these girls here - it's really made it feel like home away from home.

And yes, I chose to go to Friendly's for my 26th birthday dinner. Don't judge me. Judgement free zone.



Good morning, Myrtle Beach. 6:30am? Back to bed.

Sup New England?

oh HAY ocean - I've missed you so!


This is the difference between Jen & I. My bed looks like a tornado hit it. Hers is nicely made - even the clothes on it are folded!

Got a little captain in ya?


 



Almost as good as Latitude's Cioppino in West Springfield, MA

Friendly's. Delicious.



OR YOUR LIPS WILL BE REMOVED.
HOT outfits. Hot.




This makes me nauseous just looking at it.


See ya Myrtle Beach <3



Fourth - deactivated my OkCupid profile, again. Need a break, and I'm also excited that I've been out on two dates with the same guy who has yet to get a nickname, because he is so, erm, normal that I can't even come up with one. Opens doors (cars included, swoon), pays, and in general is just a gentleman. Our "dinner" dates last anywhere from 4-6 hours, and we've got a lot in common and tentative plans for upcoming dates so YAY. And I don't think he's intimidated that I like football & hockey - it got to the point that I had to put in my OKC profile, "If my fantasy football team could beat your fantasy football team, don't bother messaging me. It's not going to work out." because being a Steelers fan "by osmosis" is not going to cut it, sorry.


Fifth - 80 days until I am home for 3! WAHOO!


Quote of the weekend:
You know you speak to your animals in your weird baby/pet voice. Don't deny it, because you do it. You do it with other people's pets too.

- Alexis, about her cat

I think I was close to peeing my pants when this came out of her mouth!

Okay kids, that wraps this up for now - I'm going to nurse my head cold and go to bed early so I don't have a Bullshit Tuesday (because a Bullshit Tuesday following a Bullshit Monday would probably send me over the edge.)

4 comments:

  1. That was a fun recap of the last two weeks. Thanks. Saw one of those upside down buildings on a trip I took not long ago. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time. I'd love some travel ideas for my vacation next month. Let me know if there is any particular place we should go or do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've missed these posts. The new place looks FAB. I can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you took photos. <3 Miss you!

    ReplyDelete