Monday, March 26, 2012

Discussions with Blondie, Part One

I am not sure how many parts this will be, but if this conversation is any indication on how my week is going to be - this should be FUN.

I'm expecting around $50 back from my old slummy apartment complex, for the remainder of my deposit - they charged me for the 3 days I was there this month.  When I moved into this place, it was absolutely disgusting. Dead and alive cockroaches lined the walls, all through the kitchen cabinets, coming out of the dishwasher drain - you name it, there were bugs in it. They had vacuumed the center of each room, but that's about it. (I had also been told I was going to get new carpeting & appliances - neither of those happened either.)

Anyway. Saturday I got a freakin' BILL from them for a $100 cleaning fee! I opened that envelope and my adrenaline was instantly rushing. I was livid. 

I called this morning, and the conversation went a little like this:

Blondie: What can I do for you?
Me: Yeah, I got this bill from you for $100? I'd like to know what this phantom cleaning charge is for, because you are out of your tree if you think I am paying this.
B: Well the main thing is that it wasn't vacuumed --
Me: Wait wait wait. You are going to charge me A HUNDRED DOLLARS because it wasn't VACUUMED?! When I moved into that apartment, it was atrocious. Bugs everywhere, dead and alive, the center of each carpet had been vacuumed but the edges were clearly skipped. The kitchen was disgusting. Whoever moves in after me is going to be LUCKY that I lived there before them, because I got rid of all the bugs.
B: Oh now that you mention it, I do seem to remember something about that. Well I was going off of the move-in and move-out pictures.
Me: Oh, you mean the 4 pictures ______ took when she did my move-in? She took pictures of 3 stains on the carpet and scuff marks on the laminate in the kitchen. You can ask her how disgusting the place was, she saw the bugs.
B: Well its a legitimate charge.
Me: If we're going to go down that road, I am going to send you guys a bill for the $90 that it cost me to board my dog for the day and get all of my clothing/bedding laundered when I had to request my apartment be bombed for bed bugs.
B: That has nothing to do with this.
Me: Well I am not paying this bill, and you will be sending me the remainder of my deposit.
B: I'll speak to who I need to speak with and call you back.


Needless to say, I will be calling her every single day until I receive a check. Don't mess with me, because I will tell you where to go and how to get there.

I forgot to put up a Quote of the Day yesterday:
[I was having issues with my TV/DVD player - it would only play in black & white. Not great when Alexis and I want to watch Hocus Pocus! (Yes, in March.) So I called the customer service line for my TV, and the Southern guy I talked to was a little weird.]
"As a _____ customer service rep, I want to thank you for trusting us with your TV needs and tell you to have a nice day. And as a person, I want to tell you to have a nice life."

......thanks?

No comments:

Post a Comment