Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Creepers.

Okay kids, today we're going to discuss creepers on the internet. This topic brought to you by Jenna Mourey's video Creeps On The Internet which I would've put in the post, but for some reason blogger can't find it. Carrying on.

I have no problem with creeps on the internet. I will 100% admit that I am a creeper. I am the ultimate Facebook stalker. If you have a Facebook, I will find it. And guess who else is a creeper? YOU ARE. Because you are reading this blog instead of calling me on the phone. And I am also 100% okay with that. (Actually I love it, I'm so glad people are enjoying this blog.)

A lot of the people in my life I met because of the internet. Of course I may have taken it to the extreme and started meeting people on the internet in 8th grade (Katie and Katrina) but whatever. My high school boyfriend? Met him online, through someone else I met online. If I hadn't met him, I wouldn't have met Gabby (who is blogging again! So so so excited - check her out!). I also added her on Facebook before it was probably appropriate to do so. We stalked each other for almost a year before we actually became friends. So half of my best friends, who are my best friends in real life, I've met on the internet.

Plus the whole online dating thing. I love it. How else are you going to have hundreds of guys at your fingertips? You can pull up their profile, stalk it up for a while, and then decide if you want to message them. Rather than getting all dressed up to go to a bar, hope you find an attractive specimen, and get in his line of vision. He may talk to you, but he may not, and then you just wasted all of that makeup, glitter and hairspray on nothing. I'd rather be able to book multiple dates per week, and be able to weed out the weirdos before I meet them in real life. (Batman.) (That's not to say you won't go out with any weird ones. I did. Zach Galifinakis and Skinny Boy ring any bells?) 

(Edit: Skinny Boy got into this habit of texting me once a week, usually on a Thursday around 11pm to hang out. First off, thats a booty call, and I don't do that. Secondly, 11pm? I'm in bed. And I'd say so. So finally last week, this happened:

"What are you up to tonight?"
"Nothing, just reading. Pretty tired."
"You always say that, have you never heard of 5 hour energy? I guess you are not so work hard play hard, are you?"
"Guess not."
"Work hard, play soft. Maybe it's best I leave you alone."
"Okay?"
"No hard feelings from me."

Which I guess was easier than having to ignore him when he texted me. He was at Dixie's on Sunday when Alexis and I were there. Eye contact was made and it was sufficiently awkward.)

Another great creeping tool is Google Reader. I follow 33 blogs run by women, and I know 9 of them in real life. 9 out of 33. The newest additions to my reader are Fancy Napkin, The Bookness and The Small Things Blog. I know none of those girls, but they are fabulosity at it's finest. (Also, see that sidebar on the right? It's a list of awesome blogs. It needs to be updated with the ones that I've added since I started my blog, but if you're looking for a new one to follow - check out any of those.) But my one problem with finding new blogs is that a lot of the time I feel like I have to start from the beginning of the blog. Do you know how long that takes!? I hate to just jump in the middle of someone's story; I want to know background, and where inside jokes came from, and history. Does that make me a creep? Probably. But this is the internet - if there's something you don't want people to know, don't post it.




Quote of the Day: (actually from Monday but whatever)

I hope someone gives him herpes. - Miss Ashley Jayde

This may seem a little extreme, but I laughed out loud when I read it. Ever have one of those exes that just comes up with the dumbest shit ever to tell you? Just a word of advice: If you ever have something to say to someone, and you have to start it with, "I know you're going to want to kill me if I say this, but..." DON'T SAY IT. If you already know it's going to piss that person off, keep your frackin' mouth shut. Because what followed that little gem was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard in my life, and it really pissed me off. So if you want people to keep you in their good graces, don't say stupid shit.

This was way longer than I thought it would be. Creep on, bloggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment