Friday, January 27, 2012

Birchbox, books, and bitches.

Fair warning: this post is all over the place, so sit back and enjoy!

Have all y'all heard of Birchbox? I got my first one today thanks to my ultimate BFF Katrina. Basically its a monthly shipment of deluxe beauty samples for $10 per month! Definitely worth it - the full sizes of these items would cost you close to $200. Plus, once you're done with the trial size, you're pretty much over your love for the product. (Except for OPI's Rainbow Connection. I want to bathe in that nail polish.)





This box contains:
  • Jouer moisturizing lip gloss in Birchbox Pink (I'm not normally a colored gloss girl, but I like how this looks on)
  • Juicy Couture's signature fragrance Juicy Couture (how creative - smells wonderful though!)
  • VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything: Eye Serum (anti-aging eye serum that revives your under-eye area. I don't have under-eye problems but I'll try it)
  • Zoya nail polish in Kristen (a bluish gray - the hot new color right now)
  • and random, a mini Larabar and a hot pink magnet.
Plus? All of that comes in a hot pink box so you know when your Birchbox is here! Katrina had it sent to her house and then sent it to me in a giant box - filled with books that she borrowed -  plus a cute little satin bag with some hand sanitizer and nail files. Everyone at work gets so jealous of my deliveries - last week Kate sent me a box of random goodies, including a big bag of haystacks. (What are haystacks, you ask? Chow mein noodles, peanut butter, butterscotch and peanuts - HOLY DELICIOUS.)

Speaking of those books, they are all books I've read, so I'd like to pass them on to one of you. But the deal is, after you read them, you have to pass them on to someone else. I do NOT want them back - moving books is such a pain in the ass, and while these books are all great, I won't read them again.

All you have to do is comment on this post. Sunday morning I will choose a commenter at random! Easy, right?



This bundle includes:

Jodi Picoult - Handle with Care, The Pact, and Nineteen Minutes
Julie Klam - Please Excuse My Daughter
James Patterson - Sundays at Tiffany's
Martha O'Conner - The Bitch Posse
Stacey Ballis - Good Enough to Eat



So remember yesterday's post about the bitch at work? Today I'm sitting at my desk getting some stuff done - Fridays are always "random errand bullshit" day, so I never know what I'm going to be doing. This woman comes up to me, slaps an unbound book on the desk and says "I need you to go to Staples and get this copied and bound, this copy rebound, and have it all scanned in three separate documents onto a flash drive in PDF form." I'm sorry, do you hear a buzzing? I could've sworn I heard an annoying buzz in my ear. First off, wench, ever think of asking if I have time to do this? I may be the Staples Girl in the office, but you do not tell me to go do something. Secondly, I may be a personal assistant, but I am not your personal assistant. Later in the day I needed her to do something for me, and it literally took her an hour and half to get back to me. So next time I'm told to go do something, I'm going to say, "I will do the best I can with the time that I have." (Thank you, Maria, for teaching me that response.)


I came across this picture yesterday while perusing... big surprise... Pinterest. Admit it. You laughed. (My cousins are redheads, and we call them The Gingers. It's a Loving Term.)

And to wrap things up, today's Quote of the Day goes to my good friend Noora:

So I heard these two girls talking in the gym locker room. Just before one steps on the scale she's saying how she's gonna be so so heavy - she weighed 103 freaking pounds! You bitch, I'm sweating my ass off for an hour trying to burn the ice cream I ate last year so shut up!!

hahaha, seriously. If you weigh 103 pounds I can almost guarantee you've never been heavy in your life. Alexis and I are joining a gym tomorrow - no more excuses. Bikini season will be here before you know it!

6 comments:

  1. I love the book swap idea!! I want them!! Pick me babyyyyy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I'm a ginger ahha that is great. Brian and I just wanted to say hello! And can you send me info on that really cool pink box!!!! I want one :) hope things are well for you! Can't wait for camping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ULTIMATE BFF. Digging that title. ;)

    I like the book swap idea! But I always like keeping all my books because someday I dream of having a library in my house. Where I will sit while the butler brings me tea and crumpets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ Katrina...tea and crumpets. Love it! I'd love to join in this book swap but my long distance relationship really puts a damper on my reading. ALSO. I'm feeling like a terrible BFF for not sending you care packages. I should work on this :)

    ReplyDelete