Sunday, February 12, 2012

Epic Weekend!

You  know those friends in your life who you go a while without seeing, and then when you do see each other, it's like no time has passed at all? I am lucky enough to have a handful of those girls in my life, and two of them came to spend the weekend with me! Katrina and Janira flew in on Thursday night, and we basically spent the next 3 days eating and shopping until we dropped.

Friday morning we started out with a stop at Dunks (obviously) and manicures for each of us - a month or so ago I found a Groupon for $12 manicures. I didn't look at the fine print and we actually got deluxe manicures - paraffin and sugar scrub included, so that was a pleasant surprise.  After, we headed over to Southpark mall, where we stumbled upon a Francesca's Collections. If you have one near you, you MUST go to this store. They have got the greatest little gifts and decorative items, and a bunch of cute clothes and jewelry, all at very reasonable prices. They've got this huge clock on the wall behind the register that I'm coveting - there's actually a Francesca's in the shopping village next to my new apartment, so I'll be spending a fair amount of time there I'm sure. I should probably look into getting a part time job there to fund the decorating of my new place.

Katrina and I both picked these up for our new places:

via
Magic Wand salt & pepper shakers!!!! OBVIOUSLY. I have a plan of glitter spray-painting a clear vase from Michael's or somewhere to keep these in.

Friday night Alexis joined us and we all got ready to head out for some dancing and some (read: a lot) of drinks. (I just stumbled upon this article Crashing A Girl's Night Out - pretty funny, and all true.) We had the coolest cab driver, even though she didn't ask us any Cash Cab questions. But we got in the car and she says, "I'm sure you don't want to listen to Biggie." "YES WE DO!" so we ended up calling her to bring us home too. We ended up at Suite, a pretty swanky club that had a surprisingly cheap cover, and stayed there for the entirety of our time out - this weekend has had the absolute coldest weather I've yet to experience here, so we were not up for bar hopping (freezing).


In the cab - yup, I rocked that glitter eyeshadow

Inside the ATM vestibule - told you it was cold out!





 "Oooooh hair up, how scandalous of you"
"I was going for pinup. Scandalous?"
"It's the 'it's Friday and I don't give a f**k, lets drink' look"
That pretty much sums up the night. Boys, sometimes they know what they're talking about. Not often, but sometimes.

A few tips for your next girls night out:

* Make sure your pants fit. I stupidly wore a pair of skinny jeans, and while they were comfortable and looked good, they stretched out REALLY fast and I spent the majority of the night pulling my pants up. Or make sure you have a cute belt in case this happens to you - I am not one for belts, but would've worn one because these jeans were driving me absolutely insane.

* Wear cute but comfortable shoes, or make sure someone in your party is willing to switch with you when your feet start to hurt. Alexis wore some smokin' hot glitter heels but they were killing her by the end of the night, and I had changed to flats right before we left. So while we were out on the dance floor we switched - I don't normally share foot sweat with anyone, but she was in pain and the shoes looked good on me. Even if they were a size and a half too small. I didn't have to actually walk in them, so I was fine. (That's how you know you have a good friend - you don't mind sharing foot sweat. This is an absolutely disgusting topic but its true.)

* Practice The Face - I know you have seen this video a million times, but it works if you commit to it. Or make sure someone in your party is wearing a huge engagement/wedding ring (fake or not) - that sometimes works. (Also, some guy said something to me out on the dance floor - "I want to ___________ your tattoos!!!" It was either "count" or "lick" - he got The Face, because I have absolutely no desire for anyone to LICK my tattoos, plus what a weird thing to say in general.)

* Leave a Nalgene full of water, a bottle of ibuprofen, and a packet of face wipes next to your bed before you leave. You will be thankful that you did that, because you will avoid the inevitable headache and face full o' zits the next  morning.


Yesterday morning I whipped up a feast of pancakes & coffee and we headed out for a little bit more shopping and to see The Vow. Now, the reviews only gave it 1.5 stars, but I love me some Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. I cried, because I'm a baby when it comes to mushy gushy love crap (who'da thunk, right?), but the movie wasn't amazing. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it definitely wasn't The Notebook.


The girls are back in MA and Bailey and I are spending the rest of the day in bed, catching up on some ZZZ's and some shows. All in all, a very successful weekend with my BFFs - so glad they came down to visit me! Only 110 days until I'm reunited with all of my girls!



Truth.
via

1 comment:

  1. I showed Nick the salt & pepper shakers and (surprise!) he liked them and his first question was "Where are you going to put them?" I told him all about the glitter cups, haha.

    Also, love the tips for your next girl's night out. I still have blisters.

    ReplyDelete