Guess we'll just do this update with a bulleted list? Let's do this.
- Biggest news of the summer I suppose is that I quit my job (without having one lined up). I do not advocate this type of decision, unless you have a strong support system in place before you just quit. Luckily I have an amazing family & group of friends, who all agreed this was the best move. Basically the company I was working for was asking me to do some unethical and illegal things, and I wasn't being treated with the respect that I deserve. And who likes to be anxiety-ridden at work all day? Not me, for sure. I'm starting work tomorrow at a property management company, and I'm really excited about it!
|Favorite buy of the summer. Marshall's, $24.99.|
- I did a lot of this all summer, and read a bunch of books. So if you've got any new reads you suggest, please let me know!
- I got to go home for 9 days at the end of July! It was FANTASTIC. I flew in to Boston, and then me, Katrina, Gabby & Curtis drove up to Maine. We spent the week at Hermit Island with my parents and about 30 of our closest friends. It was great to be able to see everyone, especially since I didn't get to see most of them when I was home in June, plus we went to the beach every day. I have missed the ocean like crazy.
|...ended up in these two bags. WHAT. Amazing.|
|Bailey, pouting that I am leaving for a week. Poor pup.|
|BFFs! First vacation stop - New Hampshire Liquor Store. |
(or "New Hampsha Liqua Stoah" if you're from New England.)
|7 days, 6 people, 4 tents, 1 pickup truck worth of shit.|
|6 people in one pickup truck, including one who hasn't |
worn deodorant ALL WEEK LONG? Jess was dying to get out!
|BFFs at dinner in Salem, MA|
- Football season has officially started! Well, tomorrow. I AM READY.
- Song I'm loving right now? Tim McGraw's "Truck Yeah" for obvious reasons.
- I also had the opportunity to meet the new country band Florida-Georgia Line - hello HOTNESS!
- I've started running? Alexis somehow convinced me that doing the Color Run was a good idea, so we signed up. Normally I wouldn't run from an ax murderer, but I've started using the Couch to 5K app on my iPhone, which basically tells you when to run and when to walk so it's pretty mindless. And admittedly, I don't hate it. I also recommend getting the Songza app - the Hard Rock, Hard Body playlist is a favorite of mine for running.
- Figured I'd throw all of my manicure pictures from the summer all in at once -
|Essie's Jamaica Me Crazy, OPI Divine Swine|
|Ulta's Snow White, mixture of blue red & silver glitter|
|Essie's Mesmerize, ring finger Good as Gold|
|Essie's Jamaica Me Crazy, ring finger OPI Rainbow Connection|
|Essie's Room with a View, French is Color Club's Edie|
|Base - Ulta's Snow White. French - Essie Splash of Grenadine, |
Bangle Jangle, Sexy Divide, Bobbing for Baubles, and Mesmerize
|Essie's Damsel in a Dress, art is Penny Talk|
|Essie's Mesmerize, ring finger OPI Absolutely Alice|
I swear I will try to put more effort into blogging - I do miss it and I've been getting some crap from certain people who have apparently been missing my updates. Hope you all had a great summer!