Thursday, July 18, 2013

Life update.

Huh. My last post was May 7th. I cannot say that I am surprised - and I'm not even going to attempt to make a "oh I'm going to try harder to blog!" promise. Because we all know how that works (it doesn't).

What's been going on in North Carolina, you ask? WELL LET ME TELL YOU.




Not a whole lot. Work, gym, home, basically. I'm reading a lot, which is great. But. It's summer, it's hot as balls, and it has been a 40-70% chance of rain every day for basically the last month. Which means it rains. A lot. So I haven't been able to get to the pool, which means Katrina is going to win the Tan-Off 2013. Womp womp. HOWEVER I am heading to Maine in two, COUNT 'EM TWO, weeks to spend a week at Hermit Island with my crazy ass Framily and I could not be more excited about it. Hermit Island is my Christmas - I don't go home for the holidays because a) its expensive as fuck to fly home, 2) its 19 hours by car and I will NOT be driving that route by myself, ever, and C) snow. And I also get to do a wedding with my Studio 25 homegirls Maria and Shannon which MAKES ME VERY EXCITED!

I just did another brief stint of online dating - if you're new to the blog, the short and sweet version of my online dating history is that I've been out with 85ish guys since I've been living in NC (2 years in October). Yes I realize this is crazypants, but I am The Girl Who Meets People On The Internet. Always have been, probably always will be.

If you follow me on any other social media outlet, you have probably realized that I am a bit of a fitness freak now. (If you haven't noticed, either you don't actually use that social media outlet or you have me hidden from your newsfeed. CAUGHT YA! Busted.) And I have to say, I have never felt better. In my life. Ever. I'm only down about 10ish pounds, but I am up every weekday at 430am, at the gym by 5, and work out for an hour. I'm tracking all my food, and I've embraced that formerly scary place known as the Meathead Weight Room at the gym - its not as scary as you think. It's actually not scary at all. I just walk in like I own the place, wait for the "psh there's a girl in here" looks, and then proceed to turn Beastmode ON. I'm fully dedicated to this and I'm seeing results, and I cannot wait to see what the next year brings as far as progress goes.

I also realize that going from "meh, I workout sometimes" to being at the gym 6-7 days a week and posting about it constantly on Instagram has some people doing a double take. Trust me, it has me doing a double take sometimes too. I considered separating it from my personal posts, and setting up a Fitness Only IG account... but you know what? No. I'm not going to do that. If you don't like what I'm posting because it makes you feel bad about yourself because you make shitty choices, I'm not sorry about it. I've decided to turn my life around and get in shape, and all it took was me deciding I was worth it. For years I would work out a few days a week (I use "working out" loosely here), "not really caring" that I was the "fat girl" of the group. Of course I CARED, but I have always been an extremely confident person - basically taking the "if you don't like how I look, don't look at me" attitude.

I'm totally learning as I go, but I have got the kick-assest support group! So motivational. I've got the BFFs in real life and a huge group of girls on Instagram from all over the dang country who I get so much inspiration from. So I have to give a shoutout to all y'all, because I couldn't do it without you. Our daily accountability check-ins are the BEST. I fear some people think of them as arrogance or bragging like, "this is what *I* did today, so ha ha in your face!" - could not be further from the truth. I've had so many people say to me, "you've inspired me to start riding my bike to work" or "I'm starting to run, because I love seeing your posts and they are so motivational!" which makes it totally worth the haters that I get from this.







Thanks for reading this extra-wordy, lacking-in-pictures post. See ya in September, bloggies.


Maybe.



1 comment: